Every fan of ichigo can see that zanpakuto spirits fanfiction has something to contribute to the genre.
In this post, we will recount some of the most fascinating facts – from history and origins, to fandom and awards – that you may not have known about ichigo can see zanpakuto spirits fanfiction.
Did you know that a significant number of published WWII novels involved fighting supernatural entities?
Or that ichigo can see zanpakuto spirits fanfiction is one of the longest-running literary fandoms still in existence? Whether you’re a historian or a creator, there are facts here for everyone.
Read on to learn more about the colorful history of ichigo can see zanpakuto spirits fanfiction.
Facts About Origins and History
1. “ichigo can see zanpakuto spirits fanfiction” was originally coined by the publishing giant Fanfiction.net, in 2005.
The site wanted to expand their website into a wide variety of fandoms including one that was aimed at the shounen genre; thus, “Ichigo Can See Zanpakuto Spirits Fanfiction” became the first “shounen-ai” category on their website.
2. Fanfiction.net was the first to create a “shounen-ai” category, in 2005.
At that time, fanfiction was mostly focused on works from the young adult genre and it wasn’t until 2013 that Fanfiction.net introduced a “shounen-ai” category to its website.
In 2017, it changed its name to Wattpad and began expanding into many genres besides shounen-ai.
3. Before being introduced by Fanfiction.net, the term “shounen-ai” had been used as a joke by shoujo-ai fans
Before being introduced by Fanfiction.net, the term “shounen-ai” had been used as a joke by shoujo-ai fans to describe works that featured a romantic relationship between a young man and a young woman.
For example, in 2008, manga artist Shio Adachi wrote a story based on the premise of an elderly female teacher who is willing to become the head of her high school student’s homeroom class in order to have him attend her classes; this was called “Teacher x Student Relationship Work (TXTW).”
4. Before Wattpad made “Ichigo Can See Zanpakuto Spirits Fanfiction” into a category.
It was called “Yaoi” (yao is short for yama nashi, ochi nashi, imi nashi – no climax, no point, no meaning).
Ultimately, this led to the creation of the shounen-ai category on Fanfiction.net; although it later changed its name to just “Ichigo Can See Zanpakuto Spirits Fanfiction.”
5. When Fanfiction.net first introduced “Ichigo Can See Zanpakuto Spirits Fanfiction,” they used the tagline, “Yaoi for guys who like girls.”
It wasn’t until 2015 that this was changed to the tagline, “Stories of romance between male fictional characters.” Several years later it became “Stories of romance between male/male fictional characters.”
This is because works that feature female protagonists are now considered “Femme Slash,” while works that feature male protagonists are now considered “Slash (m/m).”
6. The graphic used for the fanfiction was a black-and-white minimalist circle .
With the words “Ichigo Can See Zanpakuto Spirits Fanfiction,” in large capital letters.
This was replaced by the current graphic in 2016, which is red with a black ribbon and gold block text saying, “FANFICTION.NET.”
It has changed little since then, other than being changed to blue to match the header for all of their categories when its header changed from black to blue in 2018.
7. Fanfiction.net changed its name in 2017 and became Wattpad.
At that time, the fanfiction tagline also moved from “Stories of romance between male/male fictional characters” to just “romance stories.”
As such, the tagline for “Ichigo Can See Zanpakuto Spirits Fanfiction” became “Stories of romance between male/male fictional characters.”
How Ichigo can see zanpakuto spirits :
- Ichigo can see zanpakuto spirits is a single-camera series.
- The program is filmed in front of a live studio audience.
- The program is based on the adventures of Ichigo, which involve several supernatural events and storylines, such as exploring the worlds of ghosts, ghouls and demons; this was made popular in the “Weekly Shonen Jump” manga and anime series published in Japan in 2000 and 2001 by Tite Kubo.
- The series was created by Nisio Isin, author of several well-known “Shonen Jump” manga series, including “Bleach” and “Durarara!!.” He started writing it in 2011.
- After the first episode was released, both the anime and the manga ended simultaneously in Japan on March 3, 2016.
- Ichigo can see zanpakuto spirits produced by Studio Pierrot under the direction of Ryosuke Kimura.
- The series has drawn criticism from some fans who believe that the characters are drawn too cartoonishly, and that it reeks of “shounen-kei,” or “shoujo-ai,” a genre that focuses on romance between male characters.
- The manga has sold more than 3 million copies in Japan since its publication in June of 2017.
- The second season of Ichigo can see zanpakuto spirits will be released on Netflix in 2019.
- A third season has also been scheduled for release in 2020.